Staub 4QT White Truffle Round Staub Cocotte 40501-408
The cocotte originated in France where this casserole dish was designed to cook chicken dishes: in fact, the word "cocotte" itself is the French word for "little hen". Since then, however, the cocotte casserole dish has been used to make a wide variety of other dishes including soups, stews and ragouts. Beginners can use them as they try their hand at tasty oven-baked dishes and professional French chefs can't do without them for gratins or delicate soufflés. This particular cocotte is grey, adding a hint of elegance when presenting food at the table, round and has a diameter of 24 cm. As well as being aesthetically pleasing, cast-iron is an excellent heat retainer and is good at distributing heat equally, characteristics which are enforced by Staub's special matte black enamel. This enamel also helps preserve a food's unique flavour. Since a cocotte retains heat well, meat and vegetables can be cooked gently whilst preserving both flavour and nutritional content. It is therefore perfect for cooking healthy meals. Its specially designed lid also releases condensation at regular intervals, keeping meat wonderfully succulent. With the Staub cocotte, you can treat yourself and your guests to beautifully tender meat and delicious-tasting vegetables at any time.
- Cast Iron
- Exceptional heat-reatining properties
- Guarantees even cooking
- Innovative lid contains tiny spikes on the interior that continuously releases condensed liquid in order to yield moist and flavorful results.
- Exquisite black enamel interior
- Self-basting spiked lid guarantees perfect browning and braising for flavor-enhanced dishes
- Perfect for daily use in both home and gourmet kitchens
- Built to last forever
- Made in France
- Heavy weight, tight-fitting lid retains moisture, spikes on the lid create a rain-forest effect evenly returning juices back onto food
- Oven safe up to 900F/482C without lid, Lids are oven safe up to 500F/260C
- Nickel steel knob
- Smooth enamel bottom works on all stovetops, including gas, electric, glass, ceramic, induction, and halogen
- Unique, interior matte texture results in exceptional browning
- Dishwasher safe
The lids self-basting drip function as well a much tighter fit are not just buzzy features, they affect your finished dishes. It browns to the same capacity as the Le Creuset and its lid handle isnt temperature-limited.